Monday, April 11, 2016

Relying on the Lord

April 20, 2015

Hi Everyone!

This was a really amazing week full of miracles. We had a great lesson in Ieper with a man who used to live with Buddhist monks and he showed us a picture of him in his robes. He had a bunch of friends there too! They all want to learn more and I can't wait to go back and teach them more about Christ. He's a really sincere and happy guy who has a lot of interest in the Church. He's awesome and wants us to come over twice a week so he can learn all of the lessons. I'm really relying on the Lord and praying. After the lesson we had with him this week, we went to go see a cool ceremony they hold in Ieper every night at the Menen Poort. We saw an American family whose son had just come home from his mission in Québec just three weeks ago! It was cool to talk with him and they bought us hot chocolate!

This weekend we went to Antwerpen for ring conferentie (stake conference) and it was awesome. On Sunday we went to Brussels for the Sunday session of ring conferentie and James brought us, the member who was recently baptized last year. It was an awesome experience and my Dutch is getting a lot better. I can understand a lot more and speak a bit more fluently. Haha I love it here in Kortrijk and I'm so happy I'm staying. It's awesome that Cierra got to go to Italy and see all of the amazing sites and do all the cool things she did! Definitely tell her to write it down in your journal. What does she want to major in when she goes to university? I've been thinking a lot about school and I really want to go to BYU Hawaii when I get back and maybe study Marine Biology :) I don't know yet though, I still have a while to think about it.

I'll be at my Branch President's house for Mother’s Day and we'll probably Skype around 12:00 or 1:00 my time. I'll let you know when I get more information. We went to a really good Potluck dinner and had a ton of lekker food. We had soup, a lot of rice, chocolate mousse, pasta, and a bunch of other stuff. We didn't make anything, but we will next time. I saw on billboards that Jurassic World is coming out. Are you guys going to see it? Love you all and I hope you have a great week! Visiting the concentration camp was a very emotional experience, and we were all sad after we left.

Love you guys!!!  


Elder DeWitt



No comments:

Post a Comment