Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Settling In

July 13, 2105

Hi everyone!

I'm back to typing on a normal key board in place of a French one and it feels really weird. It was really sad leaving Kortirjk and my heart was broken leaving everyone behind, but they all told me to work hard, and as a missionary I will grow as I go out of my comfort zone. I learned so much from serving there and I love everyone in that branch. I know that I'm here for a reason and that as we strive to do our best and trust in the Lord, we will be blessed. I love it here in Hengelo and we have a house instead of an apartment! We already have a new investigator and the work is going really well. Elder Solomon is a great missionary and a very hard worker. I'm happy to be here and I know that as I help others, the time here will fly and I'll enjoy it. We were knocking doors the other day and it was really sunny and hot, and this lady opened the door and let us in! She's from Armenia and she said that they have a custom there that anyone who is from God they have to let in haha. We talked with her about the restoration and she loved it. She had been meeting with Jehovah’s Witnesses for a while and had stopped for about a month, and then she said she prayed and we showed up at the door a few days later. We'll meet with her this Zaterdag and see what she thinks about the Book of Mormon. I love you guys so much and I'll try to send more pictures. Church was great and we have a great ward. They sound so different and everyone says I have a Flams accent haha. Love you guys! Have a great week!!

Love, Elder DeWitt 






No comments:

Post a Comment