Saturday, April 16, 2016

Enjoy Rather than Endure

May 18, 2015

Hi Everyone!

Thanks for the awesome letter this week! That's so great that you guys are being such good missionaries. It really made me happy when I read that you guys had an investigator over for dinner and that you're having the missionaries over. They really appreciate it, and it's really good what you guys are doing. Haha I remember bringing Cierra every where on Prom day, to get her nails and hair done. It was a lot of fun and I'm happy I got to do that. I really want to go to BYU Hawaii! Aunt Mary sent me pictures of the lake and of Joey and I. Those were such good times. I love it here on the mission and I know I'm learning so many things and growing and serving the Lord. I'm really so grateful to be here and I really like the message that Kaylee sent: “I’ve been thinking this week how the gospel is worth sacrificing for. When we, as church members, tell people that we teach Sunday school, fulfill callings, leave school to serve missions for a year and a half to two years, sometimes it’s hard to believe. One of my District Leaders asked us one time, “Why do you get up at 6:30 every morning?” To make this short, the gospel is always worth it. It’s always worth getting up at 6:30 for. It’s always worth all the effort we put into our callings. When we lose our lives in service is when we truly find it.” I also know that the gospel of Jesus Christ is a beautiful message that brings joy and peace into the lives of people. Elder Cook (the elder whose blog you saw) gave his dying (end of mission) testimony the other day at a zone conference and said something that was really good. He talked about how people always say endure to the end on your mission, but he told us all to enjoy until the end. This is a good life quote and I know that there's no reason to have to endure but rather enjoy. I don't know if I shared Mosiah 2:41 with you guys. It's a really good scripture that I think goes well with that testimony. Mosiah 2:41 “And moreover, I would desire that ye should consider on the blessed and happy state of those that keep the commandments of God. For behold, they are blessed in all things, both temporal and spiritual; and if they hold out faithful to the end they are received into heaven, that thereby they may dwell with God in a state of never-ending happiness. O remember, remember that these things are true; for the Lord Goth hath spoken it.” 

Elder Price and I had a great week and we were in Ieper quite a bit. We had lessons with our investigators and also visited Hill 62 in Ieper today! It was an amazing experience. We got to walk around in trenches and experience the history of the land. This land is so rich with history.

Love you guys! Have a great week!

Love, Jeremy




No comments:

Post a Comment