Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Happy Easter!

April 7, 2015

Hi everyone!

Thank you so much for that inspiring poem and for the e-mail! I really enjoyed the poem and something our mission president told us is that when we have faith in Christ, it leads to action. The man who moved the mountain did not waste time and was not slothful; he knew what he had to do and went to work knowing that the Lord would strengthen him.

I had such a good week and General Conference was so good and powerful. I know the prophet and the apostles are called of God and are inspired. We spent Easter at Luc and Vivian Leman’s house and watched the Priesthood session in the morning there with his son Angelo and Angelo's sons, Aaron and Absalom. They're all such good people. When we got to their house, Vivian had the entire place decked out with Easter decorations and chocolate everywhere. After the session, more of the Leman's came over and we all had a big Easter lunch with them. Luc had on a big bike race called the Tour de Flanderen. It's a really big cultural thing here and he used to be a professional cyclist, so everyone was really into it. We played soccer outside and the weather was beautiful. It was so much fun and it was like I was at a family Easter gathering back home. We left to go to Eric’s house to watch the Saturday evening session. He is a single guy in his 60's who is awesome. We biked there which took a little bit longer than expected because a bridge was out. We found another route and arrived just in time. He loves when we come over and it’s always so fun to go over and spend time with him.

Elder Price and I are traveling to Nederland today to sleep over at the Den Haag elders' apartment so we can be at the temple on time tomorrow. It's going to be a busy day of traveling but I can't wait to go to the temple and see the gardens at Keukenhof. I'll take a bunch of pictures and send them next week. Transfer calls are coming this Sunday and I might be getting transferred. I would really like to stay here in Kortrijk my whole mission but I'll go where ever I'm called. Love you guys so much and I keep all of you in my prayers. It's so great that you guys have the missionaries over for dinner. Tell them I say, “Hi” and thank them for serving. I love you all and have a great week! Our investigators are doing well but they haven't come to church yet. A lot of people have work on Sunday here and it's hard for them to get to church. We keep praying for them and we taught the plan of salvation to Styn this week. The Spirit was so strong and we asked him a lot of questions which is one of the best ways that I've found of teaching. Love you guys, have a great week.

Love, Elder DeWitt :)  









No comments:

Post a Comment