Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Happiness in Helping

March 30, 2015

Hey Everyone!

I'm praying for every one in the family and let them all know that I'm thinking about them. I'm really happy that you got to go see The Hobbit at Edmond Town Hall and go to Pepe's after! Those were always really fun nights. It's great that Dad and Caleb got to go give Grandma the sacrament and that Dad gave her a blessing. Do you know Grandma's E-mail? You sent it to me once but it was really long and funny looking. It's good to hear that KC is doing well. Elder Price and I are going to a castle in Gent today and I'll take pictures :)

This week was quite rustig (quiet). Elder Price was sick in bed all week and I wasn't feeling too good either. We are feeling better now and should be getting back to our normal schedule this week. We got to help out a member in the ward this week with yard work and he was really happy. He's an older guy who's awesome and we had a great time helping him move tree stumps and planting new trees. One of the things I've learned is that when I’m helping other is when I feel my best. It brings true happiness and I really recognize that and try to look for opportunities to help people. We also had zone training in Antwerpen this week and it was really good. President and Sister Robinson will be leaving in  two transfers and these will be the last few zone activities we will have with them. They're such good people and I know they're inspired to help the people and their missionaries here in Belgium and the Netherlands. At the end of zone conference a few missionaries were called to go up and bare their testimonies about how the Spirit plays a roll in their mission and in their life. I was called and it was a good experience. I talked about how the Spirit guides and directs us in all that we do even when we're not entirely sure what we should do. As we go forward in faith, God will be at our side and the Spirit will teach and inspire those we talk to. I shared 2 Nephi 32:2-3 about how through the Holy Ghost, we can speak with the tongue of angels and speak about Christ.

Temple Conference is next week and we get to go to Keukenhof after! I can't wait. I love going to the temple and going to Keukenhof is going to be so beautiful! I'll take tons of pictures. Love you guys so much! I hope you have a great week!


Love, Elder DeWitt


No comments:

Post a Comment