Monday, December 1, 2014

Zone Conference

Decmeber 1, 2014

Hi Familie!

It’s been such a good week and transfers are coming up. Elder Warner and I are going to get split up, but we don’t know where we’re going yet. I’ll probably stay in Lelystad and Elder Warner will probably get sent somewhere else. You guys all sound pretty busy and it’s great to hear about your Thanksgiving Day.

I saw the picture of our front yard. There’s so many trees and so much snow! It hasn’t snowed here yet but I think it will this year. It’s always cloudy and it’s getting a lot colder now. We went over to the De Graaf’s and had a Thanksgiving dinner and decorated for Christmas. It was sooo fun. They had Bing Crosby and Elvis, and 50´s Christmas music playing. This Sunday, I taught Gospel Principles class about the Gift of the Holy Ghost, and blessed the sacrament in Dutch. It went well. 

Zone Conference was great this week and Elder Moreira came. He’s one of the Seventy and he was awesome. He’s from Portugal and he was so funny. He came and said the apostles told him to tell the European missions to have more faith and obedience and he had a great message. He didn’t slam us or anything and he delivered his message really well with a lot of love. Haha, he also talked about how he met his wife after his mission and it was really funny. He’s a really animated guy and his English isn’t the best, but he still got the message through. He said he walked up to her and the first thing he said was, “I’m going to marry you because I love you. Go home tonight and pray about it and say my name in your prayer.” He said the next day he talked to her, he asked her if she got her answer and he said, “You don’t have to tell me your answer because I already know. We have an appointment tonight.” It was so funny when he told us, and it all related back to his message somehow. He had just got off his mission and so he asked her on a date using missionary terms. He was a really funny and spiritual guy.

We’ve been contacting a ton of people in the Centrum, because everyone is out Christmas shopping. There’s two days of Christmas here because the second day, everyone is passed out from drinking too much. We’ll probably spend our time at members houses and we get to watch a Disney movie! So awesome. I love you guys so much! And I got my Christmas package. Thank you guys!!! Love you!



No comments:

Post a Comment