Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Happy Christmas, Almost!

Dec 15, 2014

Hallo Eidereen!

This has been a really great week and it sounds like you are all doing really well. I'm so happy to hear about all of the things you guys are doing and happy to hear that Kasey is doing well with only three toes on one paw now. :) I'm still in Lelystad, but Elder Warner got transferred to Heerenveen up north. My new collega is Elder Steenblik, and he is awesome. The language is still tough but I'm praying for help from Heavenly Father. I know that I’ll be able to teach through the Spirit and do what God wants me to do.

There is a ton of Christmas stuff outside right now and a lot of festivities in the Centrum. There's a Christmas market in the Lelystad centrum and they play Christmas music all day. We have to contact a ton and it's a little scary not being able to turn to Elder Warner if I don't understand someone. Elder Steenblik's Dutch is pretty good but I'm going to have to start speaking better Dutch. It's a little stressful taking over a city, but I love it here. There's a new greeny zuster in Lelystad, but Zuster Adams is still here. Zuster Adams has been here since I was a greeny in Lelystad. I didn't go back to Belgium yet because the trip was moved tot (until) later. The cookies look great! Did you all make cookies? Did Dad make a Grinch cookie? I saw the picture of Kaylee! She has a huge poofy coat! I'll send more pictures next week. We are emailing in Almere today with no USB ports. You can make me a Skype account so we can talk on Christmas, but I'll find out more about it this week and let you know.


I really liked the story that Kaylee sent and it really helps. I really like D&C 42:6 too! I love you guys so much! Have a great week and Happy Christmas almost! I didn't realize how close Christmas was. Remember that Christ is the first gift of Christmas :) Also I've found that prayers really are an amazing gift. When we pray we communicate with God and He wants us to. He really does hear our prayers and answers them in the best way. We may not see the answer right away or recognize it, but God always does what is best for us. He knows us better than anyone and loves us. We are his children and he wants us to have peace and joy in this life. Love you guys!


No comments:

Post a Comment