Tuesday, November 24, 2015

His Hand is Always Outstretched

February 23, 2015

Hallo Iedereen!

Thanks for the E-mail! I'm happy to hear that KC is doing well and that you're having the missionaries over so much! I'm sure they love all the dinner appointments. Tell them I say, “Hi” and thank them for the time they're taking to serve the Lord. It sounds really cold back home. It's been getting pretty warm here and I hope it stays this nice. Today Elder Lindstrom and I will be going to Brugge for our p-day. I'm really excited to finally see the history and beautiful architecture there. I'll take lots of pictures and eat lots of delicious food while I'm there :) Transfers are coming up and I think Elder Lindstrom will be leaving because this is already his third Transfer in Kortrijk. We will be getting calls this coming Zondag and we'll see where everyone ends up getting called to. Next week the branch president said he would take us to Ieper which is going be really cool. There is a ton of history there. Battles in the Middle Ages were fought there, trench warfare in the first World War were fought there, and a other historical things happened there, as well. 

The member who is getting baptized this week asked me to give the talk before her baptism, and it will be an honor. We have been teaching her the lessons and it's been really cool to see how ready she is to be baptized. Her testimony is so strong it's really inspiring. She has such a good understanding of Christ and of the Atonement, and the amount of love Christ has for all of us. His hand is always outstretched and He is always there, we just have to decide to take His hand and He will lift us up. The Atonement is good enough for everything and everyone. It will make everything that is not fair in this life right. When we have nothing left, it’s the power of the Atonement that we run on. God's plan is perfect and we can always rely on Christ and put our faith in God. If we put God first, all other priorities will work themselves out, and some might even go away. Heavenly Father knows us better than anyone, and he wants us to have joy and success in this life and the next.

Zone p-day was a lot of fun and there are a few European missionaries in the mission. Most of them are from Nederland or Belgie. They're not really better at soccer just because they're from Europe, they're just normal people haha. There were some young members there, who are about my age, who played with us as well. A lot of members in the church here go on missions. It's a little different here because there are not as many members, so they all go on missions at the same time and it's actually really cool. I know this is the true Church of Jesus Christ restored on the earth and I know it through the feelings I get everyday from the Holy Spirit. I heard from Eric that he got his mission call!!!! I'm so happy for him and he's pumped to get out there and serve. I love you guys and try not to freeze! Love you all have a great week!

Groetjes, Elder DeWitt  





No comments:

Post a Comment