Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Arrived at the MTC

August 13, 2014

The flight was good and I arrived in Utah at about 10:00am. The Roberts picked me up and they took me to In-N-Out Burger before they dropped me off at the MTC. They were really nice and they had one of the Summerhays’ little cousins with them too. I got to the MTC and I got a host. He took me through a bunch of buildings and I got all of my books and they put me right in my Dutch class with Broeder Klippel. All he spoke was Dutch the first day. Shortly after I got to class, my companion came in. Elder Morrell is my companion and he's awesome. The MTC has a great Spirit about it and every one is really encouraging and nice. The food is good and the people here are great. The language is difficult but I know that as I make my will one with the Lord's, he will help me. We had a devotional and one of the Seventy talked about how we are on the Lord's mission and if we have faith, it will all work out. I know the language will come and I love it. Elder Morrell, mijn collega, and I have four sisters in our district. The other Dutch district has four elders and two zusters. We are basically one district when we are out of class. We taught Pascal our investigator and it's getting easier and easier to understand him. It's hard to talk and put sentences together using the correct grammar, but I'm working on it. I know Pascal is just an actor, but I feel the Spirit when we teach him and really want him to feel of the peace that the Gospel brings. The Dutchies are on the same floor as all of the Swedish, Danish, Norwegian, and Surinamese. The Surinamese missionaries are also learning to speak Dutch. They are going to the West Indies. I didn't receive any mail yet. 2007 N 900 E unit 87 is my address, I'm pretty sure. I'll send some pictures this week, and will send more next week. Love you guys! 
                                      
                                                










No comments:

Post a Comment